Entrance Exam: For admission into B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) Course in the colleges affiliated to University of Burdwan, an entrance test is conducted by University of Burdwan
Eligibility: Candidates (both Fresher & Deputed) with at least 50% marks either in Bachelor's Degree and/or in Master's degree and for SC/ST category 40% marks either in Bachelor's Degree (i.e. for Hons. courses) and / or in Master's Degree or 37.5% marks in Bachelor's Degree (i.e. for Genl. Courses) be eligible for application. In case of Bachelor's Degree with Hons., 50% marks may be determined either on the basis of Hons. marks only or on the basis of Hons. marks & the marks of Elective subjects taken together, if necessary.
Eligibility Exception: Candidates (both Fresher & Deputed) belonging to SC/ST category having at least 40% marks either in Bachelor's Degree (i.e. for the candidates of Honours courses) and/or in Master's Degree in Arts/Science/Fine Arts/Music/ Commerce or having at least 37.5% marks in Bachelor's Degree (i.e. for the candidates of General courses) be eligible for application.
Age of the Fresher candidates as on 30th June, 2011, shall not exceed 35years.
Method Subjects :Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Hindi, L.Sc.(Zoo.,Bot.,Physio,Bio-technology, Nutrition, Microbiology & Env.Sc), P.Sc.(Ph.,Ch., Bio-chemistry & Electronics), Math. / Stat., Geography, History, Economics, Education, Com., Philosophy, Pol. -Science, Fine Arts, Music.
Reservation: In each college: 22%, 6% & 3% of total seats will be kept reserved for SC, ST & PH Candidates (both Deputed & Fresher). 5% seats of the Fresher candidates in each College will be kept reserved for the candidates of other University.
How to Apply: Application forms will be available on and from 1.03.2011 to 15.03.2011 (from 11am to 2.30 pm), only on working days, in the B.Ed. Colleges affiliated to this University as well as from the Sales & Information Unit, B.U. Rajbati, Burdwan (from 11 am to 1.30 pm) on payment of Rs.300/ as the cost of application form and on production of original mark sheet (Either Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree whichever will fulfill the eligibility). Applicant's category (i.e. whether the fresher applicants will get the application forms of either Burdwan University category or other University category) will be determined on the basis of the Mark Sheet of the last Examination passed or the last Certificate (for M.Phil. or Ph.D. holders). Application forms may also be downloaded from the University Website http/www.buruniv.ac.in
Data of Issue of Application: The tentative dates of issue of application for B.Ed is March
Exam Date: The tentative dates of Pre-Teacher Education Test would be conducted in the last week of May
Exam Fee: The examination fee is Rs.300
Medium of Instruction: Bengali or English.
For Deputed Candidates, short list will be made on the basis of teaching experience.
For Fresher Candidates of all categories (Gen., SC, ST & PH), short list will be made on the basis of their academic records.
Grade point of the Fresher Candidates will be calculated as per the following norms:
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at M.P.(S.E.) or Equivalent Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at H.S.. or Equivalent Examination.
- 10% of the percentage of marks obtained at B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Gen.) Examination.
- 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Hons.) Examination (In such cases the marks of Elective/ Subsidiary subjects will not be considered).
- 20% of the percentage of marks obtained at Post Graduate Examination.
- Ad-hoc 5 marks will be awarded for M.Phil. degree.
- Ad-hoc 8 marks will be awarded for Ph. D. degree, ( For both M.Phil. & Ph.D. degree holders only 8 marks will be awarded for Ph.D.).
List of B.Ed Colleges affiliated to University of Burdwan:
- Govt. College of Edn., Kazirhat
- Dept. of Education, Golapbag, B.U.
- Kalna College
- Katwa College
- Mohanananda College, Durgapur
- Galsi Rabindra Nazrul College of Education
- Bijoy Pal Memorial B.Ed. College, Burnpur
- ABS Academy, Durgapur
- Vidyasagar Teachers' Trg. College, Kalna
- Ehiapur B.Ed College, Ketugram
- Rajendra Academy for Teachers' Edn., Durgapur
- Vidyapati Bachelor of Edn. College, Asansol
- N.B.S.Mahavidyalaya, Bishnupur
- Athena B.Ed. College, Sonamukhi
- Saltora B.Ed. College
- Bankura College of Edn., Katjuridanga
- Swarajnagar Teachers' Trg. College, Khatra
- Uttaran College of Edn., Sabrakone
- Raipur B.Ed. College, Pandri
- Tarasankar Bandyopadhyay B.Ed. Inst., Ahamadpur
- Rabindra Nazrul Smriti B.Ed. Ednl. Inst., Hetampur
- Santiniketan Boniad B.Ed. Trg. Inst.
- Tarapith College of B.Ed.,Bejuri
- Mahula Sri Ramkrishna Teachers' Trg. Inst. Kanachi
- ACC Jain College of Edn., Sainthia
- Govt.Training College, Chwak Bazar
- Institute of Education. (PG) for Women, Chandernagore
- Pandua College of Edn.
- Khamargachi B.Ed. College
- Elite B.Ed. College, Saptagram
Duration of B.Ed Course: The Colleges offers One Year Secondary Teacher Education Programme known as B.Ed.
Fee for B.Ed Course: Total fee for pursuing this Course in (A) Govt. & Govt. Sponsored Colleges will be Rs. 9400/- (including tuition fee) for Fresher Candidates & Rs. 13000 (including tuition fee) for Deputed Candidates and (B) Self-financed Colleges will be Rs. 37,000/- both for Deputed & Fresher Candidates (including Uni. Exam.Fee Rs.1500/-) of which Rs. 15000/- will be paid at the time of admission and the rest amount i.e. Rs. 22000/- will be paid in five (5) equal installments starting from the month of November, 2011.
In Self-financed Colleges, five (5) Fresher students will get the opportunity of full free (i.e. Rs. 7,000 including Uni. Exam. Fee will be paid as total course fee) or ten (10) students will get half-free (i.e. Rs.22,000 including Uni.Exam. Fee will be paid as total course fee) or together (full free & half free), maximum to the equivalent of five (5) students with full free benefit. This benefit will be given to the poor but meritorious students, not to the Deputed Candidates and the Candidates to be admitted under Management Quota.
The University of Burdwan, Rajbati, Bardhaman - 713 104, West Bengal, INDIA.
Phone: (91)-342-2533913, 2533914, 2533917, 2533918, 2533919
Fax : (91)-342-2530452